It is a joyous thing when you finally find the best beard and mustache waxes for men. Nothing defines a man better than the shape of his beard and how well groomed it is. First impressions last longer, and beards make you look strong and manly. And if you’re the fancy type, you could grow a handlebar or a goatee, or any type of facial hair to suit your fantasy.
Good looking beards not only show that you’re a manly man, it tells others that you’re one of a kind. This perfect beard makes you stand out amongst many other nondescript beard faces.
Best Beard And Mustache Waxes
1-Stache Bomb Stache Wax
If you want to hold your mustache in position, Stache Bomb Stache Wax is the thing. It is touted as one of the best mustache holder in the country. This wax is produced in Portland, Maine, by Jamin Badger, a man who got tired of inferior mustache waxes.
This wax is handmade in Maine and is made up of beeswax, petroleum oil jelly and fragrance.
Stache Bomb Stache Wax originally was sold in Maine, Badger’s home state, but now it is in stores all over the US.
If you’re the kind of person that doesn’t like using very strong waxes and get that hard wax feeling, Stache Bomb wax is just the answer for you.
- Easy to apply. The wax is relatively soft and easy to get out of the tin on to your mustache.
- Holds stray hairs well.
- Very suitable for handlebar mustaches, you can use it to make mustache styles like the Handlebar, Dali, Fumanchu, goatee, porkchops, and so on.
- Works great on beards, goatees and sideburns
- Comes with a manly pine scent most people find pleasant
- Cleans up easily and doesn’t leave residues
- You might be put off by its “petrol” smell
2-Honest Amish Original Beard Wax
This is one of the oldest beard waxes around. If you don’t like beard products with too many chemicals because of their perceived repercussions, you should go for Honest Amish Original Beard Wax. The ingredients used to make this wax are all natural and organic, one hundred percent.
Honest Amish Orignal Beard Wax is a blend of locally harvested beeswax and a host of organic oils and butters. This combination works well to give your beard a nice shine, control, and condition while helping to take care of those crazy rogue beard hairs that seem to have a mind of their own.
Honest Amish Original Beard Wax has been around since the 1970s, and is still used today by men. This fact alone says a lot about its quality, originality, and effectiveness. It is a top product and delivers the desired results. If you’d like to get those strands of stray hairs on your beard into a well-groomed position, Honest Amish is a great solution for you.
- This wax is all natural. It is produced with natural and organic ingredients.
- Softens, conditions and tames unruly hairs, holding your beard perfectly
- Tested and trusted, since it has been around for decades
- Comes with a sweet, masculine scent
- Lasts throughout the day
- Easy to wash out at the end of the day, and you don’t need a shampoo for this.
- This wax is more for combing and keeping things in place rather than a styling wax.
- It never hardens and could be oily sometimes.
3-Mountaineer Brand 100% Natural Mustache Wax
This product is great for people living in a humid area where the beard gets easily scattered. Perfect for huge beardmen, Mountaineer Brand is chosen by manly men for many reasons. One particular reason is that it holds the mustache down in a firmer way than most mustache waxes do.
Another reason it is popular is that it doesn’t have the off-yellow appearance most mustache waxes have. It comes in a neat color.
If you’re curious about its ingredients, Mountaineer Brand Moustache Wax is handmade in West Virginia, with beeswax, coconut oil, and essential oils as ingredients. It is also 100% natural and chemical free.
- It comes in a large 2-ounce tin. This is twice as big as the common mustache wax
- Holds the mustache firmly
- Has a neutral/clear tint which gives you that natural look
- Perfect for men with blonde or ginger colored mustaches and quite easy to apply too.
- Has a woody kinda scent which fades away after a while
- Not strong enough for some people
- You might not like the smell
4-Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Care Gloss and Conditioner with Organic Leatherwood Beeswax
This beard care product is essentially a beard conditioner. It is beeswax based. It makes the products softer. This wax is gotten from a rare plant species which grows in Tasmania like Kunzea and Jojoba.
Here’s how it works: It controls facial hair through a thorough conditioning process. Furthermore, it gets rid of that itchy feeling most beardman face. This is because of the Kunzea oil in it.
This product works well for all beard but is especially great for those with curly hair that wants to tangle. The gloss conditions and keeps the hair in place.
- Great beard conditioner, comes with a sweet smell.
- Has a rare beeswax base.
- Made in Australia.
- Works well – It holds the beard firmly
- Prevents itching
- Recommended that you use it in small bits as it lasts long. A tiny amount works for a significantly longer period of time than most beard products.
- 100% synthetic and chemical free.
- Easy to wash out. You might want to use a shampoo for better cleansing though.
5-Firehouse Mustache Wax Wacky Tacky
This mustache wax is highly rated and can also be used for beards too. If you want a handlebar, go for the Firehouse Moustache Wacky Tacky Wax. Behind the Firehouse Moustache, Wacky Tacky Wax is another wonderful beard story. The creator of this product is John Pitts, a fireman, and farmer from Mississippi. He came into the beard/mustache wax business when he needed another wax to take its place of no longer produced wax. So, he took it upon himself to start producing mustache and beard holding waxes.
He went out, got the ingredients together and now produces this amazing product that takes care of beards in weathers as hot and humid as Mississippi’s. He made the product to be very very strong.
He wouldn’t release what the ingredients are though; his firm says it’s a secret. However, there are side talks and whispers that one of the ingredients is petroleum.
- Wacky tacky wax is resistant to heat and humidity
- Best suited for darker hair.
- Appears quite dark while in the tin but lightens as soon as it’s applied
- Works well for almost all color hair types
- Produced in the USA
- Cannot be easily washed off. You’ll need warm water and soap or shampoo to wash it off.
6-CanYouHandlebar Primary Mustache Wax
Don’t be surprised by its name, it’s a good mustache and one of the best beard waxes for men. This wax works well in all humid regions, styling and tending to your mustache in its own unique way. Just like its name says, it is perfect for you if you’re growing your hair out for the first time. It encourages your hairs instead of forcing them out.
The CanYouHandlebar mustache wax apart from styling your facial hairs and keeps them healthy as well.
- Lasts all day long.
- Contains shea butter for volume
- Contains vitamin E to keep your beard healthy
- Easy to use but still strong
- Has a great smell and contains no artificial dyes or fragrances
- Helps stop itching
- Softens your beard to keep it tangle-free and easy to groom.
- Almost everybody who bought CanyouHandlebar had testimonies about using it. In some cases, however, people say it doesn’t work for them and didn’t hold their facial hairs firm. Some
- Some people didn’t like its smell
I’d suggest you try out Firehouse Moustache Wacky Tacky Wax if your beard is voluminous and you want something that will hold it firm all day every day.
Else, if you don’t have a voluminous beard, go for Stache Bomb Stache Wax. And if you’re just starting out, try out CanYouHandlebar Primary Moustache Wax, I’m sure you’ll like it.