Forget the gossip and the side talks, bar soaps aren’t out of style. Although liquid soap seems to be getting all the love, bar soaps are still loved by many, including me and I believe most of you reading this article now. You go to the bathroom, wash- and your beard- with a bar soap, and then come out several minutes later sparkling fresh with a manly smell to boot. Who doesn’t want that? It feels a bit icky and unnatural to wash your face or facial hair with liquid soap, doesn’t it? This is why we compiled 10 best bar soaps for you to get you out of this trouble. Lucky you! It must be good to have somebody thinking for your comfort.
Long story short, the traditional bar soaps have seen a major rejuvenation of late, with manufacturers adding more values to their products such that many people are now finding it irresistible.
Here, We’ve reviewed 10 best bar soaps making headway in 2016, and here they are.
1-Duke Cannon Men’s Bar Soap
If you’re on the big side of things, this super big sweet-smelling body cleanser will gain your trust in no time. This soap is immense- it is 3 times bigger than your average everyday soap.
Its manufacturers say it is military tested as it is modeled after the soap used by American privates who fought in the war against Korea. Furthermore, a portion of proceeds from the sale of this soap goes to vets in need. This makes it first on our best bar soaps compilation with its charity function.
Get this- this soap makes you smell manly, not in the you-are-too-dirty-and-sweaty way ladies sometimes refer to but in the come-here-let-me-kiss-you manner they love. It has a peppermint-fresh fragrance which awakes your senses. In addition, it has a hint of minty-menthol to give you a cool skin. It is the perfect soap for everyday masculinity. It one of the best choices in best bar soaps reviewed by men.
- You get a fragrance that lasts 3 times longer than traditional soaps
- It is large, so it takes quite some time before it gets exhausted.
- It has a coarse texture which gives it a firm grip and also helps exfoliate your skin
- Be careful not to drop it, you may break a toe.
2-Dove Men+ Care Body and Face Bar Soap
We have come to our second gem amongst the best bar soaps we have chosen for you.Almost everybody who has used this soap has something good to say about it. If you have a sensitive skin, this soap is for you- it is really soft on the skin. It is the male version of the original Dove for women, with a masculine scent and musk.
It is formulated with 1/4 moisturizing cream for total skin comfort and rinses off easily without residue or tightness like other regular soaps. Maybe you already know it but lady version of this soap is evaluated as one of the best bars soaps for women and it is the same for the male version as well. Heck, even ladies are addicted to this soap.
It comes in different variants- clean comfort, deep clean, extra fresh and aqua impact.
- You can also use it as a face soap.
- It is soft on the skin, and has a great smell as well
- Say good bye to dehydration and dehydrated skin. Dove Men has been clinically proven to fight dry skin effectively.
- Usage doesn’t last long
3-Dead Sea Mud Soap Bar 100%
Dead Sea Mud soap is a 100% detoxifying soap. Nothing screams natural like this bamboo charcoal soap. This is because its main ingredients are organic olive oils and pure dead sea mud.
FYI, dead sea mud is a nutrient-rich mud that is known everywhere. Heck, people travel from far and near to the Dead Sea to slather in this nutrient-rich mud. Get this, dead sea mud is concentrated with about 21 different nutrients, which have a fantastic effect on the skin.
This soap is handmade and doesn’t smell like most organic soaps. It is naturally scented with oils of lemongrass, peppermint, and eucalyptus. Doesn’t that sound refreshing? One thing more- it can be used to cure some skin ailments. To read all these amazingly positive effects on skin was enough for us to place it among the best bar soaps.
- Purely organic and natural. It has no chemicals.
- Can be used as body soap, hand soap, face soap and so on. Works well on all types of skin.
- Good skin cleanser. The Dead Sea mud in it draws out impurities, toxins and dirt particles on your skin.
- Replenishes dead skin cells, and reduces wrinkles by tightening the pores on your skin.
- Improves blood circulation and initiates natural skin regeneration
- Helps get rid of skin disorders like acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Some people say the scent doesn’t last as long as they want.
- Some others say it doesn’t last long.
4-Jack Black Turbo Body Bar Scrubbing Soap
Just as the name implies, this soap is very good for body scrubbing. It is firm in the grip and exfoliates your skin gently, making you “squeaky clean,” like someone said. J
It gives a rich, luxurious lather infused with moisturizing murumuru and shea butter. This is a good thing. It also contains natural lava rock which gently polishes the skin. In addition to this, it helps combat fatigue and stimulates the senses, because of the blue lotus and ginkgo biloba in it.
This soap gets a thumbs up from me. Apart from the cool fragrance, it gives you, it is vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, sulfate-free, colorant-free and has been tested okay by dermatologists.
- Complete scrubbing action. Washes the skin very well.
- Lathers well and smells great (like fresh herbs, you know what I mean?)
- Lasts long
- Works okay on sensitive skins
- It could be relatively expensive. Fifteen boxes for a bar of soap?
5-Mistral Men’s Soap
This soap is authoritative and unmistakably male. It comes in different fragrances to your taste- Cedarwood Marine, Citrus Woods, Black Amber and Sandalwood Bamboo. Each signature fragrance is luxurious and leaves a lasting scent of distinction on you, all manly.
It is made with vegetable soap, mistral shea butter and is also infused with extracts of white coffee and green ginseng.
- Does not leave a residue and gives you a soft, silky skin
- Gives you a sweet smelling manly musk which lasts for most of the day.
- Quite big and its usage lasts long
- Causes dry skin in some cases
6-Old Spice Wild Collection Wolfthorn Men’s Bar Soap
If you want to smell really good and nice, Old Spice bar soap is the one for you. It is heavy on the fragrance side. Basically, it is an antiperspirant, deodorant, bar soap (yes), body wash, cologne, and body spray all merged into one ball. It’s really handy if you want to get rid of that stench.
The bars come in a bit of a “stylized” shape: it’s got arches and is slightly thinner than say an “Irish springs” style bar. This makes it easy to grip when washing. The is a reason why this soap made its way into our best bar soaps collection.
- Gives a great manly smell
- Lathers well and washes well
- Prevents dry skin
- Its fragrance starts to die out after you’ve used it for a while
7-Irish Spring Signature Exfoliating Bar Soap
This product, formulated with authentic milled oats, is for the man with a little rough around the edges. Strong, sturdy and with a nice smell, it ticks a lot of boxes. Although the smell isn’t as strong as the original Irish spring bar, it is pretty close.
Furthermore, we like the fact that you don’t need a sponge to use along with this soap, you just have to use it to scrub your body and you’re clean. It is made to deep clean your skin, and the manufacturer says it is brick cut for a man’s hand. We know that it is highly important for men to be able to grasp their products easily so we put it into our best shaving soaps selection.
- Lasts long.
- Cleans deep and exfoliates your skin.
- Really handy, and fits perfectly in your hand.
- The only thing that seems to draw the ire of this soap is about its size. People are complaining that its makers are reducing its size. We don’t know who to blame here.
8-Art Naturals 6 Piece Bar Soap
This pack of soaps made with natural ingredient speaks strongly about a clean body. One pack comes with 6 different variants of the soap with each member unique in its own way. We have come closer to the end of our best bar soaps list, nevertheless, this product isn’t lacking compared to the ones we named before.
There’s Miracle Wash which induces a revival of both the body and mind with anti-inflammatory tea tree oil. The Cool Mint purportedly boosts your mood, inducing a wide-awake feeling with its invigorating eucalyptus extract- the perfect start to a busy day.
Tropical Cleanse is infused with grapefruit extract and exfoliate dead skin cells, enhancing skin regeneration. Purifying Zing with lemon essence will invoke a clean, zesty pore-purifying post-shower feel.
Floral Detox is recommended to be used before going to bed. It sets the stage for a more restful, restorative slumber. The Soothing Citrus variant will leave your skin feeling blissfully beautiful with its bacteria-blasting orange essence.
The effects may vary from one person to another though.
All you need to do is choose the bar you’d like to use based on the result you desire, apply it during shower or bath and pat your skin dry afterward.
- Lathers well
- Prevents dry skin
- Choice of fragrance.
- We can not say something bad about this product
9-Shea Moisture Mens Utility Soap
This clean, slightly spicy soap is made for real men. There’s nothing soft or girly about it. Just like its name suggests, it is a utility soap and has many uses. You can use it as a shaving soap, face soap or body cleansing soap, but you have to follow some steps for each kind of use. What else do you look for in a bar soap? We agree with you and inserted She Moisture Utility Soap into our selection of best bar soaps. We made the research, you’ll only have to make the purchase. Yay!
For body cleansing use, lather it in your hands or on a washcloth and use on your entire body and hair. If you want to use it to shave, wet your face with warm water first. After this, apply its lather you’re your fingertips or shaving brush on your face. Then shave and rinse.
Shea Moisture Men’s utility soap is formulated with shea, cocoa, mango and avocado butter.
- All natural
- Gives you an amazing masculine fragrance
- Multipurpose, all-in-one soap. You can use it for shaving, body cleaning or hands cleansing.
- Lathers real good
- In some cases, it leaves the bathroom a bit “colored” and dirty
10-Dr. Squatch’s Cedar Citrus Soap for Men
We have arrived at the end of the best bar soaps picks for you. We like unique things and Dr. Squatch’s Cedar Citrus is a unique soap. Its fragrance- splendid sweet and savory mix of cedarwood, rosemary, and orange agrees well with most men. It is good for oily and dry skin types and makes your beard feel good. It washes real clean and neat, leaving you smelling great.
Its key ingredients are shea butter, lye, essential oils of orange, Texas cedarwood and rosemary. The scent has lowered it doesn’t get offensive.
- Good for oily and dry skin types.
- Gives you a great, non-overpowering manly smell
- Works great on beards
- Not too much say bad about this product
Tips to Making bar soap last longer
So, in addition to getting acquainted with the best bar soaps we have chosen for your delight, here are a few tips to make your soap last longer. Follow these steps to stop complaining about the short life span of your bar soaps:
- Use a washcloth, or a loofah with it instead of your hands. You don’t need a washcloth if it’s a body scrubbing soap.
- Keep it away and out of water.
- Always store it in a soap dish that allows for drainage.
- Let it air dry, completely.
- Cut it into smaller pieces, and use those pieces one by one.
- Take cooler showers. Hot water laps bar soaps.
- Let it “cure.” You can do this if you have several others. You allow it to sit out in the air for several days to “cure.”